Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Updates!

YAY! I started filming... last Friday, Feb 22nd! Unfortunately, my first artist was incredibly late - so we had to smash some footage before I had to run off to work... on the bright side, I let her know about Creative Arts Day & she is going to work in the studio during it & we will film after I get done giving tours that day! 2 birds with one stone - the Art Dept has people in it & I can get footage of her working. We were going to try to film at her house, which is 45 mins away... we both decided it best to film on campus, that way we can show her beautiful artwork that happens to all be located at UC on her shelf!

So here's a blue note - literally blue. I videotaped Brandi as well this week & unfortunately the video camera I borrowed from the Library was not color calibrated correctly and everything was BLUE. I figured it was just the screen. NOPE! I was very wrong. So I have to go see Andy, to see if I can fix the footage or if we need to retape :/

I AM very excited about the time-lapse video I took of Brandi (while she was painting a portrait- of ME!) it's incredible... it took two days for the painting.. and I think she is doing some finishing touches next week - I've got about 1 minute 10 seconds of time lapsed painting! it's SO COOOL!!!! I need to obviously merge the videos & include a front text for the film. but it's almost done! yay!

So, I had an idea to incorporate the making of the Senior Art Show flyer into a promo video for the show. I asked to have the artists save the work in incriments so it can 'build'. I got some news that it did not get saved - however, I have got conflicting news. So, I have to figure this all out.

I'm also still trying to rangle the last two artists for filming - while still trying to get an interesting angle for the VCD majors... they have a more advertising outlook on their work - very different than Mary Kay & Brandi's Advocacy Art

5.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment