Thursday, February 7, 2013

CMA Gallery One Experience

I am SO utterly impressed with the CMA's Gallery One. Holy Moly! It's fantastic! I was like a little kid in a candy shop... and there were actually little kids experiencing this too!!

Needless to say, I am most definitely trying to get a good creative edge for the Wasmer Gallery... especially after seeing what just came out at the CMA.

I spoke with Diane, the most important aspect of this project is to put the artists & the Gallery in a positive light. I had so much enthusiasm for my experience at the Gallery One .. I need to make people just as excited & interested in attending the Senior Art Show!

I think utilizing social media will really help.. showing the artists (who they are, what they are making & thinking [I know first hand, that until I read the little plack next to an art piece or read about it in a book I may be a little lost as to the message artists are trying to get across] and the process of them actually DOING it)

I was thinking of making the artists & the viewers connected somehow..

Picasso's La Vie was shown at the CMA as well, it was very interesting to see his sketches & know the back story of his work. They also did an x-ray of one of his pieces and found that it was something entirely different than the finished product..


This blog entry & the one below are all incredibly fun interactive things I experienced at:

The Lute Player, Samuel Arlent-Edwards, Late 1800s – early 1900s
This chipper lute player looks to the side as if hearing an unseen accompanist



Portrait of Lisa Colt Curtis, John Singer Sargent, 1898
Lisa Colt Curtis looks off into the distance. Her slight smile might allude to happy thoughts.



Good Night, Samuel Arlent-Edwards, Late 1800s – early 1900s
Out of the darkness, this sweet young girl’s joyful, tender expression shines brightly in the candlelight.

2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment