Saturday, January 26, 2013

Research

Right now, I'm researching different options to link our possible video/audio pieces within the Art Gallery..
A huge hit is QR Codes-
http://notixtech.com/blog/6-qr-code-alternatives-disproved-including-nfc-microsoft-tag-and-ar

I've looked into multiple websites discussing the pros & cons of QR codes, and their competitors.
what would be really great is either somehow incorporating a QR code or a Microsoft 'tag' (basically the same thing, not as popular - but more colorful) with the actual artwork. or next to the artist statement

the pros - you can track  & analyze the traffic used for QR codes
the cons - getting people to actually download the scanner app to then SCAN the QR code

another obvious option is just have a video screen right there, in the art gallery playing.. or something like the Art Museum - with a handheld speaker where you can listen to whatever information they are giving you
- Im not as fond of those options, 1. becaues it's been done before 2. because I have personally been IN the Wasmer Gallery when there was a video playing and an option to put on the headset. I was way too bored with it. I was like nah. I'd rather not listen to the video thats on repeat. It does not have the same alur as an 'exclusive' behind the scenes construction of what you are viewing in the gallery. and obviously the audio box does not incorporate visuals. I was at Versailles this summer and had an option to listen on my phone to information about what I was obsurving... which, some people were.. but, again... I lost interest after a bit.

I learned in PR that.. even this blog for instance, its probably too wordy! people read in snippets online... and for that matter, people from my generation surely do not have the attention span or desire to listen or watch a 10 minute info article.

I'd like to keep these short Youtube videos. have it action packed. the design process is exhilerating. full of ideas, mess ups, and a whirl wind of thoughts that never get recorded because artists are so 'in their head' that they don't always bother or remember to write it down

I hope I can get that side of things...



http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/29449/How-to-Create-a-QR-Code-in-4-Quick-Steps.aspx

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

http://www.slideshare.net/Stutts/20-interesting-things-qr-codes - interesting things Marketing has done with QR codes - Fashion Powerhouse Museum Australia has done something likewise to what I am looking into. not through video or audio means (through text via web)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myzLAXtqoa8 - really cool thing we might be able to work with, Disney did it with QR codes!

Spent 1 hr in research - will look up relevant & comparable things throught art museums next

No comments:

Post a Comment